ATM?

Discuss whatever's on your mind!
conley

ATM?

Post by conley »

Just a thought... Have we ever explored the idea of getting one of those small "do it yourself" ATM machines?

Might be a nice way to bring in a little more income...
Could place it in the upstairs hallway that way all customers could access it...

Not sure what kind of budget there is for something like this but it might be worthwhile...
John Leary
Hardcore Co-op Volunteer

Re: ATM?

Post by John Leary »

It seems like an interesting idea. Does anyone know anything about what would be involved in making it happen?

That little "alcove" at the top of the stairs could possibly accommodate an ATM.
conley

ATM

Post by conley »

Well it seems that you can either lease one or buy one out rite...
i couldn't find any prices on leasing as of yet...

-got this quote from some random site-
You will probably invest between $2,250 - $3,500 the ATM machine. You will also have a service charge for the monthly phone line. Usually, $18 - $30 (depending on what your phone company charges).

-it also said you can find ones for under 2,000-

Surcharge Amount - $1.50
Your income per use - $1.65
3 uses per day - $4.95
30 days - $148.50
24 months $3,564
Pandora Scooter

atm

Post by Pandora Scooter »

I think those machines do better in establishments where credit/debit cards aren't accepted. 'Cause there's no charge for someone to buy something for $10 and get $20 in cash back on their debit card. I suppose if they just wanted the cash for some reason and didn't want to spend the $10, then it'd be more worthwhile. Is there an ATM at New Millenium Bank? That would be the closest opther ATM, right?

Neat idea.
Power to the Peaceful and Love to All.
janet

atm

Post by janet »

Hi all

I got some info on a free atm machine I didn't have time to get the info maybe Monday any revenue is good that gets us closer to our goal as long as we don't have to put money up front at least not for the summer. thanks
Rich Menashe

atm

Post by Rich Menashe »

i am playing phone tag with some one who puts atm machines into places like ours-
rich