Sinus Infections? Snort Vitamin C!

Discuss whatever's on your mind!
Pandora Scooter

Sinus Infections? Snort Vitamin C!

Post by Pandora Scooter »

From www.vitamincfoundation.org -- Discuss?

http://georgestreetcoop.com/messageboard/posting.php?mode=newtopic&f=12&sid=0857f68f03297c32ab5d4bae85cda55d

Dear Sirs,

I am 32 and have suffered with sinus infections my entire life. Sometime more than 5 a year and sometimes lasting several months. I have tried every product on the market and almost every prescription known for this.

I thought there was no cure. Only temporary fixes that antibiotics and decongestants offered would stave off the infection for a time.

However, with your help I believe I have found a cure.

I now treat myself with regular dosages of vitamin c in excess of 3000mg a day. However, this alone has not been the complete cure. I found that although this improved my overall health and well being I still was getting them.

So, one day I felt the sinus pressure building in my head, my face starting to swell. I decided I would crush the vitamin c into a fine power and "SNORT IT" through the nostrils. I did not try the nasal spray suggested by your articles. I just did not want to waste time. I would take a very small amount of vitamin c power on the tip of my finger and sniff it into each nostril about every 5 to 10 minutes.

Here is the amazing part.

I noticed immediately that the mucus was breaking up. Much similar to a nasal spray like [deleted] that causes an initial break up. However, unlike [product deleted] which eventually stops the mucus break up and then has the reverse effect and also drys your nasal passages. The vitamin c power kept on breaking up the mucus and causing drainage. My very painful sinus headache was literally gone in about 30 minutes.

Better than that though! I felt completely clear headed in about an hour. And even better than that was greenish in color coming out of my nose was now clear!!! I really believe this is a miracle cure!!! I mean I have been suffering with this my whole life!!!!

How and why is this working? What is it doing to my nasal passages? Also, am I experiencing an anti-histamine affect stronger than oral ingesting vitamin c? I think I must be for my sinuses to clear so quickly and stay clear for over 10+ hours!!!

Thank You and God Bless You
Tom T

Dear Vitamin C Foundation:

I Just wanted to update you on my progress.

I was the guy taking ascorbic acid up the nose.

Well pursuant to your Technical Advisor's advice I switched to sodium ascorbate power. I am still taking it up the nose in power form not liquid form. My sinuses are still clear. Sinus infections have not come back even in the mitts of a full blown allergy attack. This is a remarkable CURE!!!!! It has changed my life, please spread the word.

God Bless You and The Vitamin C Foundation.

Tom T.
Power to the Peaceful and Love to All.
John Leary
Hardcore Co-op Volunteer

Post by John Leary »

A friend of mine said that a friend of his had done that, except as a joke, and experienced intense pain for many weeks afterwards.

Now I don't know what to believe! :?
Morris Kafka

sinus congestion suggestions from an actual co-op member

Post by Morris Kafka »

Hi All!

I've had sinus issues for years - I can get headaches that prevent me from driving or doing any precise work or anything that might be dangerous and make it hard to balance or focus.

I am very reluctant to take over the counter remedies that might have dangerous side effects so I have the following suggestions:

a) Janet suggests a few drops of oregano oil in water. This has a sharp taste and may spoil your appetite unless you are in the mood for that flavor but adequatedly diluted (say 3-4 drops to 8 oz. water) one can grow used to it. This can be used several times a day as per the container directions with no apparent ill effects and seems to help.

b) those with discipline can use the netti pot (something like a small teapot that is filled with warm salted water and used to rinse the nostrils) these have been sold at the co-op sometimes. There is also a brand name nasal irrigation system that uses an electric pump similar to those found on water jet type dental cleaners and can gently pulse salted water through the nasal cavities - again one needs to have discipline to do this routinely.

c) my accupuncturist treated me with some success for sinus issues but it is costly. Worth a try for those who are up for it. She did point out that I could use accupressure on myself, especially two fingers right at the place where my nose meets the bridge of my brows and in the bottom center of where my head meets my neck the application of pressure or massage can help. I also find the temples and behind the ears benefit from pressure or massage; essentially touching any place with pressure to break up the congestion where ever one feels that congestion or feels a physical stress can help.

d) a hot face cloth well wrung out and folded horizontally can be placed over the forehead. Adding a small amount of peppermint soap well rubbed into the cloth (not too much or it can irritate the skin) is very beneficial for me. I try to lie down for a while with this but even sitting up with a hot compress helps.

e) A mentholated ointment or creme - one brand is often used for a chest rub - can be applied to the congestion points suggested above and to the area around the nostrils, following any precautions on the container of course. I find that one brand puts this up as a white cream in a tube that helps me breathe better and helps reduce headaches and I carry this with me to apply at the first signs of congestion.

f) gargling with salt water or a dilute (2%) peroxide solution as well as brushing the teeth helps me. I also find that applying peroxide or rubbing alcohol to cotton swabs and cleaning carefully around the ear openings helps as well, in generally massaging the head with rubbing alcohol is refreshing too.

g) if you have a facial sauna breathing into the hot steam for a few minutes can open the sinuses. If not you can boil a pot of water and set it safely on a table and sit over it with a towel creating a tent over your head to keep the steam in as you breathe the vapors ... you can add a drop of menthol or mint oil to the water too. A hot shower or a hot soaking bath can also have a similar effect.

h) If I am up to exercise any exertion usually helps reduce congestion; I like a swim followed by a visit to the steam room and a shower if possible.

h) Hot tea or hot broth also helps to loosen the congestion. In my case I don't drink coffee or usually want caffiene but I find that a black or green tea - which may serve as a vasodilator and get the circulation going - seems to help reduce the headaches and decongestion. Sometimes I find that a commercial soft drink with caffiene or hot cocoa can also be helpful. For those where caffiene might be a problem a simple mint tea or other herbal infusion is beneficial & an herbalist can make more specific curative recommendations.

i) In my own case I find that sudden or drastic changes in my diet, sleep patterns or work hours or periods of stress especially in combination make mre more prone to sinus issues. I think the immune system works best when we can keep a healthy routine so it is worth trying to get enough sleep and reducing stress, etc. if you have ongoing sinus issues. Avoiding smoke and pollutants and trying to keep your house, especially your sleeping areas as dust and chemical free as possible can help too.

I'd suggest that all of these methods seem reasonably safe and easy as well as to some extent conventional or routinely practiced so they are worth trying to see if they help.

Here's to easy breathing
ellenr

Post by ellenr »

I was in my 40's when I had my 1st sinus infection. I never got them until I returned to NJ after living in Texas. Not sure what that has to do with it, except both are dirty places!

Until my first sinus infection I never understood how awful they are. I used to think they were like a cold.

omg, I actually missed 3 days of a brand new job, I was so disabled by sinus infection. Every time I had a cold, about twice a year, they would turn into sinus infection. My doctor told me they would get worse each time, which they seemed to.

Then I read that sinus infection was a result of depressed immune system. Had never heard that. But I had Esberitox (a super-charged form of echinacae) on hand.

So every time I woke up with that particular tickle that signaled a sinus infection was going to whack me, I took Esberitox. The tickle never developed into a sinus infection.
After several months, I realized that I no longer got that tickle signal.

That was about 8 years ago, since then no sinus infections.

My sympathies to you that suffer, they are awful. Maybe check out boosting your immune system and see if that works for you.

ellen