Environmental Events (local) / Juice Bar

News and events stories related to Central NJ community.
ellenr

Environmental Events (local) / Juice Bar

Post by ellenr »

Hi all,
I just came back from seeing a PBS documentary, "Renewal" which examines the work communities of faith are doing toward environmentalism. One such community featured is HP's own 2nd Reformed Church. It is made by the same person who made "Eyes on the Prize" the many-award-winning documentary about the civil rights movement. It inspired even this person of no-faith; it moved this jaded, skeptical, cynical person to tears of hope.

"Who is My Neighbor Inc" [WIMNI] [http://www.whoismyneighbor.net/about/communitypartners.html] owns this film as well as three others: one about locally grown and produced food, one about privitization of water, and one about biodiversity. They are willing to loan them out. I am thinking about the Juice Bar; also, if someone wants to show them in their house to a group.

Secondly, WIMNI has a project to raise ecological awareness and action among HP merchants. If anyone is interested in knowing more about either films, or project, contact Irene Marx, of WIMNI, e-mail: "ChanMarx@aol.com". You might mention that you are with the Co-op, just cuz I told her I would be spreading the word to the Co-op- such a natural partnership, isn't it?

If anyone knows someone I should share this with, who is not on this bulletin board, pls let me know.
Thanks.

regards,
ellen