It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:38 pm
George Street Co-op Message Boards news, information, and discussion for all the Co-op community

Community Events

Coffeehouse in HP offers food for the mind, soul and body

News and events stories related to Central NJ community.

Coffeehouse in HP offers food for the mind, soul and body

Postby ellenr » Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:07 pm

Hi everybody,
I've been wanting to let the Co-op community know about the coffeehouse, especially last month, when the Co-op's own Ken Lipman provided the music - but -until now I didn't know how to get on this message board.

Well, Ken and his friend, the duo known as the Jazzers for Peace, were wonderful!

We have a coffeehouse once a month. The next one is Sat, Nov 3, 8 pm, at the Reformed Church, 19 So 2nd Ave, in Highland Park.
Music will be performed by Marc Gronlund, Instrumental acoustic folk-blues, the poet will be Nancy Scott. The discussion topic is: "War with Iran, Deja vu all over again?" with speakers Evan Siegel, Early modern Iran historian, Mina Siegel, blogger and writer, and Manijeh Saba, Iranian-American citizen-activist.

Good food too.

Stay tuned: in the near future Spook Handy will be the musical attraction; I know many co-opers know him.

Also, if you are, or know someone who is, either poetic or musical, and would like a venue, let me know. Especially people with a message.

Hope to see you at the coffeehouse.

ellen rosner
ellenr

Return to Community Events