speakers

Have goods or services for offer? Or do you need something yourself? Post here and link up with the members of your community!
John Leary
Hardcore Co-op Volunteer

Re: music

Post by John Leary »

janet wrote:The ideal situation for a retail enviroment is to have a mix of different kinds of music to please our whole customer and staff base, and maintain a volume that would work in the store. Having said that what would it take to have a system installed that could be programed to accomplish this?

These days, making such a system is simple. Any computer could do it. Load up the hard drive with like 20GB of "approved" MP3s, start up iTunes in shuffle mode. Move the power amp, re-route the speaker wires (the hardest part), you're done.

The real question is who determines the playlist. You want a huge playlist so the staff won't claw their eyes out of their sockets. I imagine the only way to get that playlist will be to have the staff contribute their personal favorites. Is someone going to vet all those tunes? If not, you're right back where you started.

The problem of central control is that someone has to have time to be the central controller.
janet

stereo

Post by janet »

Hi
I was talking to sean and he said all we really need is a cd player that is capable of holding at least six cd's that we could change off. Sean said it would not be hard to make a mix of all kinds of music like hip hop jazz pop rock country so everyone could be included and yet no one would be stuck listening to more then one song in a row that made them cringe.
Rich Menashe

stereo speakers

Post by Rich Menashe »

the stereo that we use is old and functional-
if anyone has a newer old and functional unit or sees one on craigs list or cheap one ebay, that would allow us to have "stereo" in the store-
what we need is a unit that has a button that says mono-
a converter to go from stereo to mono is more than a cheap new receiver-
anyone out there with a good old used unit that they aren't using or are going to replace soon-
we could use a donation!!!
it must have a mono button-
thanks-
we could still do all that stuff with the cds and the like.
rich
John Leary
Hardcore Co-op Volunteer

Post by John Leary »

Or the speaker outs could be wired in bridged mono, which I believe most receivers can do nowadays. (And hadn't Wayne done this in the past?)
Wayne DePrince

Post by Wayne DePrince »

i am not sure if that amp supports bridged mono. i do not recall a bridged mono mode at least. perhaps someone on the ground could check it?

peace, w