New Way for PARENTS to Do Volunteer Hours at the Store

Have goods or services for offer? Or do you need something yourself? Post here and link up with the members of your community!

Do you think PAVE is a good idea?

Poll ended at Sun May 31, 2009 4:52 am

Yes, and I have kids! Sign me up!
No votes
Yes, but I don't have child-care-aged kids.
100%
Maybe, depends on who is involved.
No votes
No, and I have kids who would need child care.
No votes
No, and I don't have kids.
No votes

Total votes: 4

Pandora Scooter

New Way for PARENTS to Do Volunteer Hours at the Store

Post by Pandora Scooter »

A NEW IDEA FOR MOMS & DADS: PAVE!!!
“Parents Afternoon Volunteer Effort”

We’d like to start up a Mom & Dad’s Work Day/Afternoon at the co-op. I know what kept me from volunteering in the store forever was having no place to care of my daughter while I worked. So, let’s start a Parents Afternoon Volunteer Effort (PAVE!).

If you are a parent with a child or children (potty-trained) and would like to come into the store to do hours once/month or more in the afternoons (probably sometime between 3:00 and 6:00 pm, or, possibly in the mornings, please get in touch with me and we’ll see about setting up a system where you can do your work and one of the mothers/fathers can care for the children.

Of course, this is sensitive, so we would have an initial meeting to make sure that everyone is comfortable with the terms of the set-up. The children would probably be taken care of in the Café and we probably couldn’t have more than 3-4 at a time. But even that would add six to eight hours of volunteer work to the store. What do you say???

Email me at pandorascooter@aol.com. Thanks!
Power to the Peaceful and Love to All.