DRYWALL DISASTER!!!

Have goods or services for offer? Or do you need something yourself? Post here and link up with the members of your community!
conley

DRYWALL DISASTER!!!

Post by conley »

I am in desperate need of supplies, advice, help even... I have myself a nice hole in the drywall in my new apartment (have not even begun lease yet) and have nothing but the paint to repair it.. if anyone has a piece of drywall, spackle, plaster or whatever... i would be eternally grateful to anyone with any help at all... i have to try to have it fixed asap.. so i will have to just suck it up and hit up a home depot if none of y'all can help...

Thanks

michael.
Dave Tagliaferro

Drywall Disaster

Post by Dave Tagliaferro »

Were you able to fix this, do you need any materials?
Dave Tagliaferro
conley

Not so much a disaster anymore.

Post by conley »

Yes i fixed it but now i need to get my hands on a powersander of some sort..
I had to put the spackle on pretty heavy...
Morris Kafka

spackle

Post by Morris Kafka »

Hi Mike! Sorry I couldn't respond faster ... if you used regular joint compound (Spackle is a brand name used generically for the stuff - like Kleenex is used for facial tissues) it is water based. That means that until it is painted it can be smoothed or washed off with water. You can use a scrubber sponge wet in warm water to smooth the surface. Use the scrubby side for rough shaping and the smooth side for final smoothing. Don't drench the wall, just get it moist enough to soften up. You can always add a thin second coat of compound afterwards if necessary. If you wet lumps you should be able to carefully and gently scrape them down to flat. Dry sanding releases tons of dust and is a real mess too, I avoid it whenever possible. If you must sand use due diligence and wear a respirator and mop up the dust.

Hope this helps - Morris
conley

wash the spackle?!?

Post by conley »

ok ill give it a shot...
thanks for the advise everyone!
Morris Kafka

stud finder

Post by Morris Kafka »

Hi Mike! Hope it is going well. I'm afraid I need a stud finder - finder as I can't locate this item at all. I'll be in contact if and when I find it. Haven't used it in a while. Sorry! Morris
conley

finder-finder

Post by conley »

thats ok, and thank you for looking.. i appreciate it. i will be away all this weekend anyway so in case you come across it.. but i will be back mondayish...
thanks again!