Need apartment/home to rent. Oh, and hi.

Have goods or services for offer? Or do you need something yourself? Post here and link up with the members of your community!
Jenn Smith

Need apartment/home to rent. Oh, and hi.

Post by Jenn Smith »

hi, it's my first post here, but i'm a co op member of one year.

my family is looking for a new place in Highland Park. i'm hoping someone from this awesome community has some leads for us, because we've been looking for a few months without success. mostly because we have a dog, so the landlord needs to be alright with that, and we need a decent amount of space. we'd be open to renting additional storage, if it came to that.

we are a couple, with one fifth grader and, like i said, a dog. we're good tenants, we fix stuff ourselves. our landlords had a falling out, no longer speak to one anothet, and we found out today, absconded with our security deposit. not too long ago, an adjuster was here taking pictures "for the sheriff's auction." we feel it's a matter of time before they sell the place and try to displace us, so we would prefer to make that on our own terms.

house is great, duplex is too. has to be in Highland Park because the kid's in the school.

if anyone has any leads for me, i would be much obliged. please send me a private message.

thanks.
Rich Menashe

house could be a home

Post by Rich Menashe »

maybe we could buy the house-
good time for sherrifs sales and landlords that won't talk to one another-
give a call-
rich
Jenn Smith

Post by Jenn Smith »

i wouldn't know the first thing about the terms of sale. i do know i was never officially notified by the court that the house is in foreclosure, which seems to indicate that any sheriff's sale is pretty far off in the future. they would be required to give me (i think) 60 days notice, if not 90.

i did do a search today and the address turned up no leads in the public notices in NJ. but that doesn't mean they're not in default, or they wouldn't accept an offer.

what i can do is, find that out and then call you if they're in the market to sell at a loss. if it goes to auction, you'd have no chance against the other banks snatching up properties, but i could forward that information to you as well.

but my real concern is getting a new place. in addition to the ownership being in flux, it's pretty much a dive with bad plumbing.