Laptop needed!

Have goods or services for offer? Or do you need something yourself? Post here and link up with the members of your community!
conley

Laptop needed!

Post by conley »

Today at approximately 1:30 PM our cashier laptop passed away.
There were many attempts to save her, and she was a fighter.
But there were too many complications in the end.

We used the laptop for many in store questions as well as the in store time clock for member workers to log their hours. So this one is at high priority if their is such a thing.

Take a moment of silence or light a candle.

Please if you would, ask anyone not on this message board you think might have an old laptop around that they could part with.

No operating system or disks are needed.

Thank you

-Michael
conley

Still in need.

Post by conley »

OK, so I see that at least 30 people viewed the post about the store needing a laptop. But no responses were made to the post. Assuming that nobody has any extra old laptops lying around (understandably so) I have decided to move on to a new idea.

And I do hope to receive some feedback on this one.
(don't let me down people)

I have been looking at some $100-$150 net-book computers (the small ones with no cd/dvd drives)

One of those would be perfect for what we need a computer for behind the counter.

And I thought with the holidays coming up maybe people would be willing to donate a couple dollars each, so we can buy one for the co-op as a holiday present.

I figure that if seen as a donation it may even be tax deductible.
(i could be wrong about that though
DianaM

“LAPTOP FUND” DONATION

Post by DianaM »

Personally I’d have no problem with that idea. Seems viable… if everyone who volunteers in the store in a given week puts in $1-2 , wouldn’t we be set? I think we can do this! :D